Friday 27 November 2009

22nd November

Studying for my English exam. Not cool. Not much going on. Didn’t actually leave the hostel today but did get an On The Go take out delivered. Chicken and onion sandwich and tomato bruschetta. Aint no taste like home. I have really no idea what the exam tomorrow will be like. Slightly worried by Tanya’s shocked reaction earlier when I told her I have completely disregarded both Fielding and Mandeville because I couldn’t be bothered. Also, they don’t seem to have cottoned on to methods of studying here bar memorizing everything in a text. They don’t make notes, or correlate their ideas. They just read the text and then read other people’s criticisms of the texts. Where is the freedom of thoughts? Where are their ideas? Tanya’s friends all look at me weirdly when I say I would rather say what I think rather than what other people think. It is a big part of my degree, to think for myself. Very weird how different people’s approaches are to the one subject…

Also…ONE WEEK TILL GOA AND TWO WEEKS TILL I HOOOOOOOOME!!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR THE COLD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment