Sunday 8 November 2009

2nd November to the 5th November

02/11/09-05/11/09

 

OK. So I am hugely behind with the blog once more. Don’t blame me please – I am sick and have been running around trying to work. So here is a round up:

 

1.   Lauren managed to get her nose piercing changed in Kamla Nagar. It is a slightly bigger piercing, but the stud itself is smaller, so she is happy. It is yet to get infected, which I think is bloody impressive.

2.   Spent a lot of time in AIM on skype this week to various people, and now I miss home terribly. It is only a month to go, exactly one month from Friday, and I am thinking about it all the time. It is very distracting. I am reminded of it more seeing as Amanda will have left for Goa in two weeks. It has all gone so quickly in the past month!

3.   Went to see Michael Jackson’s This Is It. I actually quite liked it. I am not a massive fan of MJ, I like the old stuff and all, but I enjoyed the film quite a lot. His show would have been completely and totally spectacular if it had happened. It was great to be able to see him rehearse as well, because even though it was only small rehearsals, you could tell that he was still a brilliant dancer and singer despite his age and apparent frailty. A good way to spend 5th November, but I do miss the fireworks. I can't really complain of course as there were fireworks on Monday for the Guruji and Diwali was all about the explosions.

4.   Finished my army recruitment essay. I find ideologies of race interesting and all but my god does it get wearing after you write effectively the same essay twice and just replace ‘Covenanted Service’ with ‘Bengal Army’. It is interesting though how much martial races have stayed with us as a concept. Look at the Gurkha scandal in the past year – the very existence of Gurkha regiments, the symbolism of Joanna Lumley holding up the dagger – they are still a martial race if ever there was one.

5.   I think I have a cold. It is most depressing, especially when it is still 27 degrees during the day. Everyone is telling me it is suddenly winter, but they lie. At home it is like 8 degrees! I am in a t-shirt! I need to get used to the idea of ‘cold’ though, or maybe I will get many colds. Urgh.

6.   Tomorrow is my hostel freshers party. It is ‘Disney Princess and Barbie’ themed. I am going as the easy option: Jasmine from Alladin. Lauren is going as Alice in Wonderland, and Amanda is refusing to come on feminist grounds. I admire her dedication.

7.   Have now seen a man shitting in the street. I have completed my bodily functions in the street tally! Yay…

No comments:

Post a Comment