Tuesday 6 October 2009

3rd October

Watching shit at 1 am appears to also work quite nicely as a cure for insomnia. I managed to sleep right through till the morning. I was shocked and infinitely glad. I need to today to finish my Plato/Sidney essay and do a little bit of reading for these internal exams. I am still completely unsure as to what is happening there, but we will see what comes of it.

Went to the gym for a bit with Amanda and then got bored and ended up doing some yoga instead and then the power went.

The power has been going on and off for a good few hours. First it was the water, and now it is the power. The unfortunate thing is, is that it is about 38 degrees outside. And with no fans on in your room, it is unpleasant to say the least. I am currently making patches of sweat on my clothes where you shouldn’t really get such things. My cleavage and my legs, for example. I feel like I am sitting in a puddle. It is truly horrible when you go to shift position and your legs are so slick they just slide off one another. Urgh.

It is also wholly terrible for working: the essay being on the laptop with no battery that I cannot charge. Bah. Trying to read over my Swift and Dryden notes instead, but to be honest it is really just sending me to sleep. The other problem with heat: sleep is bloody tempting – you just can’t actually have any of it. so you lie there and kick around and it is just so depressing.

Gave up and went to AIM. We spent the whole afternoon and most of the evening in there. There was internet, electricity and fans. What more can a girl ask for? It was actually very sweet – one of the women gave me a cupcake with sweet potato and apple icing for free. I have no idea why I merit such things. Possibly, because Amanda and I could keep the business afloat through our consumption alone. It was very sweet of her, and also very yummy, I would pay for that cupcake. I think they are opening a Korean restaurant next door, which will be awesome. Not only will we have the cafĂ©, if we feel like something more substantial than noodles out a packet or sushi then we can just pop next door to the rest of the family and have some dinner! I was looking at a book of Korean food as well and most of it seems to have some amazing health property. Like ‘this beef soup with ginseng cut into nice shapes will cure cancer’ sort of thing. Sounds good to me. Food that is tasty, pretty and cancer-preventing: all a girl could ask for.

When we got home we tried the stay up tactic once more. Except tonight the movie isn’t even comedy. It is a film about stop-losses: soldiers who are recalled in America despite having served their time. It was supposed to be gritty, but I don’t think I had the level of interest necessary for it. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment