Sunday 23 August 2009

18th August

I slept in over my theory class today. I feel really bad about it, as I have yet to make it to one, so I have now missed three Plato lectures…not good! I made it in for History as well, and the man in the canteen let me have tchai despite not having the money on me right then. Trusting! My history lecture was really good this morning. Found out we need to do one 5000 word essay probably and little else, which sounds fine to me. Need to confirm it though, but we shall see. The lecture today was on the rise of the Viceroy after the 1857 revolt and the changing nature of the council. It was really interesting, and our lecturer recommended a book that we should get for an overview of the subject in order to brush up on our skills. He seemed to have a very high opinion of Crispin though, so obviously he ain’t all bad, at least within the realm of academia.

Amanda and I made it home for lunch, which was just as well, as I seem to have acquired my appetite. However, this is not without issue as I seem to be going the opposite way to Delhi Belly…I need fruit I think. After lunch I went up to the gym and was just showering when the Vodafone man appeared. Ran downstairs still fairly soaked and found out that he wasn’t here for me. He was here for Lauren alone, which is just ridiculous as we got the internet together and specified the timing together as well. I couldn’t believe it, and yet I should have expected something like this. Lauren’s isn’t working as of yet anyway, so perhaps if he turns up tomorrow morning we can get it all sorted out. I want internet so badly! I spent twenty minutes on the phone to Iain and ended up spending 200 Rs. Not good. It means that I will have to get back to Reliance soon to recharge yet again. Bloody annoying, asi hate that shop with a passion. Perhaps I will wander along tomorrow before Hindi.

This afternoon we went out to Coffee Day and I had a new iced coffee which I think is my new favourite: it is nice and strong and very icy. The Coffee Day people think we are absolutely mad, as we just commandeered their restaurant and made a huge song and dance about everything. Lauren was literally singing at one point. We were so hyper. Lauren and I went out for a walk to get rid of some energy and I found a little shop that sold Chinese sticks for my hair and that made me happy. Also got a massive glass of pineapple juice for 20 Rs which made me happy. Though I may be poisoned by it: it is my first experience of stall-based goods. We shall see how I am in the morning. I think if I survived the coffee in the god-awful India Club at Parana Ganj, I can survive anything. Though who knows, I might have worms or something from it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment