Sunday 23 August 2009

3rd August

SO here I am. I feel a lot better about this whole palava today. We went to the History and English buildings, and to see Deepa, Sahu’s infinitely more competent secretary. She gave me the letters I need for my SIM card and fr the English dept. No one here except Sahu seems to know that we were coming. But h well, they appear to be ok with taking us on. I need to decide what courses to do and when, I think I will go along to an English lecture tomorrow morning to see what is what. Introduce myself and shiz. After the lectures I need to get more phone credit so I will go along with Ben.

Went to Coffee Day for first time, and got an absolutely awesome strawberry milk shake, It was just the sugar high I needed to get myself through the afternoon. Went as well to get my SIM card photo from the man in the photo shop. He told me that my hair was too scruffy and that it needed brushed out. Then he took me up to this room and made me pose in various angles and smiles and declared me so excellent he didn’t even need to airbrush me. How nice is that?

We met with Pardeep again to discuss the flat arrangements. He seems unhappy with us that Ben has pulled out, but it is not our fault. We asked to see three bedroom ones instead, but there is possibly a chance of getting it for cheaper if we find a fourth roommate. The chances of that seem slim however. I don’t know…it was a nice flat, but I don’t know if I can put so much on the line.

Saw three green parrots today, so am quite happy. I need new clothes to keep cool in. Apparently Crispin is taking us to FabIndia on Thursday. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment