Friday 11 September 2009

10th September

We got back at three am and were a bit drunk. Not as bad as Lauren, who fell asleep in the auto home. She was being bought drinks by random men all night as well as the free mojitos. Possibly not a good plan, as she is still drunk now. I am evry glad we don’t have class today. The rain has cancelled everything. It rained all night, and now everything is quite flooded. It is strange, the rain isn’t heavy, just like it is at home but it is so constant that everything is just as soaked as it would be other wise.

Last night was great fun. We had about four or five free mojitos and hit the dance floor for hours. My thighs hurt this morning from the amount of dancing I did. We met a couple of really nice people whom Egle (the Lithuanian) knows and I met a guy form Rotheram and another from LA. The one from LA told me that he works for a production company that has been affiliated with Paramount pictures and that he used to work for Conde Nast. I don’t know if he was lying or not with some ulterior motive, but he was a nice guy. It was very funny, on the dance floor Indian men do the craziest moves; everything is straight out of Bollywood. But the guys from the UK and US danced like the boys do back home: awkward and slightly calculated to try and look cool. Where were the jazz hands? Where was the hip shaking and shimmying? Just not good enough.

Thankfully I am not hung over this morning. I think not drinking after midnight and having masses of noodles before going out was a good plan. I think I might be getting a cold though instead, which is not good either. Ah well. I have a quiet weekend writing an essay ahead of me anyways. Fun times.

Stayed in my room for most of the day trying and failing to work. Had to go to AIM just to get out of this damned place. I was distraught to learn that they had no pomegranate shakes. The old faithful has failed me! Consoled myself with a chocolate one instead. I also bought some noodles so that I can make myself food when I like rather than eating curry at the prescribed meal times all the time. Shall be good.

Lauren and I came home for dinner and for her to pack. She is off to somewhere up north (sounds like Napitka) for the weekend with Ward and Ben and some other folks. She has the advantage of having no class on Saturday and Monday, unlike Amanda and I. We have told her to take loads of pictures and to avoid Ward’s sleazy charms. Amanda and I were laughing about how in the sleeper carriage she might have to use Ben to protect her. It is consolation for us not being able to go. Spent the rest of the evening in Amanda’s room munching almonds and chatting about the fun-filled topic of the Indian Civil Service.
Spoke to my mum on the phone as well about my hair. She says I should maybe look to get some more vitamins in my diet, so I am eating as many bananas as I can get my hands on and drinking OJ. MUST BE HEALTHY!

Who am I kidding? There are no fresh vegetables in this place…If it ain’t curried it ain’t food.

No comments:

Post a Comment