Tuesday 8 September 2009

7th September

I have decided that I no longer care what the English Dept think. I am going to corner my lecturers and state what I am going to do and if they don’t like it they can just suck it up. I am determined to spend the ten days in October with my family whether they like it or not.

My lecturers actually agreed! I managed to corner Prof Shikendu (not sure if that is how it is spelt) and Prof Chakrabati after their lectures and said I would like to do a two to three thousand word essay for the first week in October. Prof C has even invited me to meet him on Saturday to discuss possible topics! It is amazing. I think they had no idea what to do with me, so are actually fairly glad that I have suggested something myself.

I feel so relieved. Went to Barista and got a banana muffin to celebrate my victory. I was even awake for Hindi! And that never ever happens. We learnt how to write our names. It was all very interesting.

After Hindi we came home and pottered around for a bit. I managed to tell mum my good news about the essays and it is like a weight lifted off my shoulders. Dinner tonight was fairly unexciting as well, though there was paneer, and I think I might have a small obsession.

Today has been a very uneventful day, save my lecturer conquest. To be honest, we are so tired after yesterday that doing anything today just wouldn’t have been possible. We have made a plan though to go to Urban Pind on Wednesday for Ladies Night: free mojitoes and free beer for girls! Amazing. Also the nice Bangladeshi girl Sabrine has invited us out on Saturday to an Indian ‘disc’ (disco)! It will be great to go out with them, I imagine their taste is as cheesy as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment