Thursday 10 September 2009

9th September

Woke up this morning with a strange blister on my lip that popped. Not so cool. Perhaps I have been drinking too much chai or something.
My hair has started coming out again. This is getting ridiculous. I don’t know what to do about it.
I had no classes this morning, so I worked out and then Amanda and I went to AIM to get some toast before Hindi. It began to rain while we were in AIM, but left off once we came out to catch the bus. Once at the university though, it poured for ten minutes incredibly heavily, and so all the others got soaked on their way in. Hindi was complicated today. I need to start practicing it outside of the class as he is asking me things like what is quarter past two? And I have no idea. Not so good.
We stopped at Chinese Bowl, a little Chinese place on the way home. I got only a half bowl of ginger and garlic chow mein, and thank god I did because Amanda and Lauren hardly made a dent in either of their full bowls. I managed to maybe eat half and then gave up due to pain of being too full. It was terrible, we left so much food, but you like and learn. It was really nice, though the chow mein was super spicy and our mouths were on fire for quite a long time. Great value though: a huge bowl of noodles and chicken for only 65 Rs. It was raining again when we left. A sort of drizzling rain, not like the usual flash flood. I hope it doesn’t keep up, as you know what tonight is? Tonight is Ladies Night! I am so excited by this it is unreal. We ate early specially so that we had a good amount of food in us to soak up alcohol but not too late on so we have no food baby for going out. Genius plan.
I am going to wear my mirrored harem pants and ridiculous eye shadow and hope it stays on my face in the rain. It is a shame: South Delhi is the only place where we could get our legs out, but getting to South Delhi you need to take the metro from the north. And in the north, there are no legs on show. Every second girl is in salwaar or saree. It would create a scandal. The French people and the Lithuanian girls are coming out with us, so we will make quite a large group on the dance floor. It is going to be epic. We have our Bollywood moves primed and ready to go. Roll on Chori Bazari and Twist! (I suggest you youtube Love Aaj Kal soundtrack to get a perfect sample of the music we listen to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment