Friday 25 September 2009

23rd September

Got up and forced Lauren to eat three bites of toast. Amanda has been up all night running to the loo every five minutes practically. I feel so sorry for them both; they are in a lot of pain it seems. If they aren’t better later I am going to force them to take a tablet. Amanda hates taking pills so that one might be hard (I suspect her of being a believer in homeopathy).

Went to Model Town to pay my Vodafone bill. My internet stopped last night, so I assumed that was why. Turns out I was right. I also got some coca cola for the girls and some water and loo roll: the essentials when one has Delhi Belly.

When I got back I felt a bit funky, so tried to write some more essay but failed. I managed to read a bit though. There is no water anymore. I have been having showers under taps for a while, and then last night there was no water. And now, still there is no water. When I ask the housekeeper about it she just says ‘Water coming!!’ and shoos me away. It must be terrible for Amanda and Lauren having to use the loo and not even being able to flush it. It is completely horrifying for the rest of us as well. We can’t even wash our hands.

Went to get some yoghurt from lunch to see if it would settle my queasiness and instead I threw up everything I have eaten today. This is not good. I feel like crap suddenly. I think finally my immunity has been broken and I am sick. I feel so tired. I think I might just sit in the TV room and try and drink water. Lauren is already in there trying to keep cool. No chance of going to Hindi now.

I can’t keep water in me. I think I must have drunk it too quickly or something. It came back up almost immediately. I feel horrible. I wish I could wash and flush the loo. Some poor person will have to use a toilet I have just vomited in! I feel terrible about it, but what can I do. My stomach is making ominous sounds that do not bode well. Urgh.

Vomited some more. Coca cola this time. I think it would have remained inside if I hadn’t had to get up of my chair to go to the bloody SWA meeting. They had no sympathy for my state and the whole thing was near to pointless. I was put in mess committee, which is fine by me as I have many suggestions. Spinach would be good on occasion…or fruit other than bananas. Perhaps a salad now and then. Would make so much difference. Lauren is feeling a little bit better, so perhaps we will all be ok in a day or so. Amanda is still out.

After silly meeting, I collapsed back in TV room and dosed for a while before going to bed. I couldn’t sleep in there…too loud. I am hoping a night of rest will do me good, so here’s hoping I make it through the night without waking up to puke. I want to go home and have water to wash in…

No comments:

Post a Comment